Guidelines and Application
To all HCSD Administrators / Faculty Members:
Grant applications are evaluated according to various criteria which generally include the following.
- Curriculum enhancement
- Promotion of the vision of the Superintendent and the Board of Education
- Clear goals that relate to student learning and/or social well-being
- Measurable results
- Number and range of students benefited by the program
- Minimization of per-student cost
- Long-term benefits to the students
- Likelihood of extension to other classrooms/schools in the district (if relevant)
Recommendation for future funding from the district or other sources
Publicity opportunities surrounding the grant
Applications must be approved and signed by your school principal or the District Superintendent. Factors generally weighing AGAINST grants include: teacher stipends/salaries, ordinary district budget expenses, club activities, non-academic projects, frivolous items, continuation of programs requiring ongoing annual HEF grants after pilot period or grants to influence legislation or elections.