Grant & Eval Forms
Guidelines and Applications
To all HCSD Administrators / Faculty Members:
Grant applications are evaluated according to various criteria which generally include the following.
- Curriculum enhancement
- Promotion of the vision of the Superintendent and the Board of Education
- Clear goals that relate to student learning and/or social well-being
- Measurable results
- Number and range of students benefited by the program
- Minimization of per-student cost
- Long-term benefits to the students
- Likelihood of extension to other classrooms/schools in the district (if relevant)
- Recommendation for future funding from the district or other sources
- Publicity opportunities surrounding the grant
Applications must be approved and signed by your school principal or the District Superintendent. Factors generally weighing AGAINST grants include: teacher stipends/salaries, ordinary district budget expenses, club activities, non-academic projects, frivolous items, continuation of programs requiring ongoing annual HEF grants after pilot period or grants to influence legislation or elections.